Child Adult Care Food Program


The South Eastern North Dakota Community Action Agency is a sponsoring organization of the USDA Child Adult Care Food Program in North Dakota. The goal of the Child Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) is to assist in providing nutritious meals and snacks for children (birth through age 12) in family child care homes.

Participating on the CACFP will give you the tools to help the children enrolled develop healthy eating habits. The SENDCAA CACFP services the counties in the eastern part of the state, including: Cass, Grand Forks, Nelson, Ransom, Richland, Sargent, Steele, Traill, Barnes, Lamoure, Dickey, Griggs, Eddy, Wells, Ramsey, Cavalier, Pembina, and Walsh counties, serving approximately 330 providers and  2,500 children on a daily basis. 


From a CACFP Provider:

"Not only have you provided me with good, healthy, nutritional information, but you have also been a great source of strength and support for my program. ... It gave me an extra professional boost! Thanks for the encouragement and support."

Benefits to Child Care Providers

Benefits to Parents

Benefits to Children

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.  

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

 To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: 

(1) Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or (2) Fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) Email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

March 2019


Jump To